Looking at Google's new Mac widgets, I was curious to see how the search history worked. Apparently it only searches through results of searches from Google rather than searching through, say, Safari's history. In other words, it's something that allows you to search your search history at Google.

Scary. So, um, "How is my Search History stored?"

Personalized Search stores your search history on Google servers, which means you can view your history and get personalized search results on any computer.

Tempting, but I don't believe I'm ready to allow my search history to be stored on someone else's server. It's a wonder they don't already do it through cookies with id numbers -- heck, I'm not sure that they don't.

Still, if enough people use it, Google might finally become what Microsoft hoped Hotmail/Passport would be. Can the Google OS be all that far behind?