Want More Clicks? Tweet Less | Dan Zarrella:

As a measure of โ€œattention,โ€ I started looking into click-through data. The wonderful thing about bit.ly is that it has an API that allows anyone to view the stats on any bit.ly link. I grabbed as many of the bit.ly-containing Tweets of several of the most followed and link-heavy Twitter accounts as the Twitter API allows (it imposes a limit of 3,200 total Tweets accessible per user) and the number of clicks each link had gotten.


I'm not horribly concerned, but that ease with which this can be accessed is interesting. Reminds me of the javascript "bug" that allowed you to figure out what sites someone had been to by checking to see if a particular link activated the "visited" property or some such. Lots o' Big Brother potential all around us, I guess.