AppleInsider | Apple initiates MacBook bottom case replacement program:

Apple has initiated a case replacement program for MacBooks shipped between October 2009 and April 2011 to resolve an issue where the rubber separates from the bottom of the case.

The MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program is available to owners with affected MacBooks, regardless of current warranty status.


Thank heavens. I've got duct tape on mine and lost a screw earlier this week. Now if they'd just fix the track pad, which I had replaced twice before falling out of warranty and giving up. It doesn't hard-click anymore, so I have to drag with a three-finger swipe.

It's a great machine -- my favorite Mac laptop yet -- but these two hardware foibles drive me mad. Glad to see I wasn't alone on the stupid rubber bottom.