I like Versions for svn, though I've mostly only used it for keeping track of my own code. Now that it looks like I'm going to be using git, I figured it was time to find a visual client. (Not sure why I like visual so much. Perhaps a VSS carryover from years back.)

So we Google up osx - Best visual client for Git on Mac OS X? - Stack Overflow:

I'm looking for a nice, Mac OS X-like, client for Git. As an example, I use Versions for Subversion and it's exactly what I'd like to purchase for Git access. Suggestions?
...
Another notable client is GitHub for Mac. I love our wild and wooly friends at GitHub as much as the next guy, but I think their client is pretty much doodoo. It has the same insane-in-the-membrane limitation as Tower... It has this Twitter-inspired iOS-wannabe interface that seems to prioritize lickability over usability. I think this product should probably have been called Hasbroโ„ข My Little Ponyยฎ Baby's First Git Client instead. (emph mine)


Interesting. Wonder what he'd say uncensored by online decorum. Guess I'll give his positive recommendation a try instead. "Update 2011-10-07: SourceTree is good enough that it gradually displaced all other git clients."