Creating a WCF service that consumes an ASMX service:

I am looking for guidelines on which "project type" to use in getting started via Visual Studio 2008 and C#. Here the specific need is having my WCF service call an ASMX service.
I am looking for guidelines on which "project type" to use in getting started via Visual Studio 2008 and C#. Here the specific need is having my WCF service call an ASMX service.
Choice 1. Create Project; Visual C#; WCF; select WCF Service Library.
  • Described as "A project for creating a WCF service class library (.dll)".
  • Gives an app.config
  • does not expose the "Add Web Reference" choice which I need. 
  • Debug brings up a WCF Service Host and a WCF Test Client automatically.
Choice 2. Create Project; Visual C#; Web; select WCF Service Application.
  • Described as "A project for creating WCF services".
  • Yields a web.config
  • exposes the "Add Web Reference" dialog choice (which is good for my requirement I think). 
  • The web.config does NOT include a in the service definition.
  • Debug only brings up an ASP.NET Development Server and a browser window to http://localhost:3648/Service1.svc?wsdl

Labels: