Web Reflection: JSLint: The Bad Part:

In few words, as I have said already before, null is == only with null and undefined, which means we can avoid completely redundant code such:

// Mr D way
if (v !== null && v !== undefined) {
    // v is not null neither undefined
}

// thanks JavaScript
if (v != null) {
    // v is not null neither undefined
}

I think that's a fair critique, if accurate.  It's an interesting trip through JSLint quibbles.

Ultimately, I guess I'm finally on the side of, "Nobody should care if I don't use it while I'm developing, and I shouldn't care if I'm made to use it (or other lint my code) once I'm done."  JSLinting is a fairly painless process, and if nothing else, at least it removes meaningless discussion over coding convention preferences.  I mean, this guy covers everything, it seems.

Does minified JS pass JSLint?

Labels: ,