You'd think that now, our third time venturing into the Apple Minimal Laptop, we'd have our reaction down. But we still act surprised -- see Joanna Stern on the new MacBook Thin.

Based on my short time with the machine, I think Apple will turn the laptop industry on its head (again), but just like with the original Air, it may be moving too fast for some.
...
We donโ€™t need all those other ports, Apple says. We are living in a wireless world now, where we can connect most of our peripherals without cords. Except every morning I plug my Air into a Thunderbolt display, and every afternoon I plug my iPhone into my Air to charge it.

Just caught Jason Snell on the Thin where he talks about writing for the Thin pretty much exactly what he wrote for the Air.

Well, let's do you one better: This is the same thing folks wrote about the original bondi blue iBook. When the Air came out, I penned a quick something for Low End Mac that Charles Knight brilliantly called, "Mother of the MacBook Air". You know, there's a good turn of a sentence or two in there.

On paper, the machine feels limited. Once you have one to use yourself, the feeling evaporates.
...
Initially, I thought the Air was an overpriced joke, a means of exploiting Mac users that are more interested in sexy and cool than practical tech specs. I've changed my mind.
...
If my experience with the iBook 300 is any indication, it and the Air are both cleverly designed, single-purpose road warriors whose limitations will be much more obvious to those who don't buy them than for those who do.

I think I still feel exactly the same. Though, if pressed, I think I'd buy a MacBook Pro 13" if I was buying today. ;^)

Labels: ,