I posted to Medium, so now I get a daily "newsletter". It's not super, but this morning I checked out Why Silicon Valley is all wrong about Appleโ€™s AirPods by Chris Messina.

He starts, give or take, with this:

Last week, Apple did it again, but for some reason, nearly everyone in Silicon Valley is confused about what just happened. I mean, I understand the confusion, but do people really think that the most significant announcement was the removal of the 3.5mm analog headphone jack? I mean, it was, but not for the reasons everyoneโ€™s [in a tizzy].

Apple doesnโ€™t give [two shakes] about neckbeard hipsters who spent thousands of dollars on expensive audiophile gear that rely on 100-year-old technology to transmit audio signals. Theyโ€™ll readily drop them faster than Trump drops facts to make an argument in a televised debate.

Apple is securing its future, and to do that, it must continue to shrink the physical distance between its products and its customersโ€™ conceptions of self. The Apple แดกแด€แด›แด„สœ came first, busting our sidekick supercomputer out of our pockets and onto our skin. Appleโ€™s next move will put its products literally within earshot of our minds.

He then goes on to recap my Medium post on AirPods (not actually my post, I don't think, but exactly the same ideas, all the way to deriding businessmen who wore Jawbones), but wasted words, less direction, and better pictures.

Labels: , , , ,