Whew boy, too many irons in the fire today.

  1. Figuring out how to server http ranges from a node server.
  2. Using CamStudio to create a demo video for MarkUpDown.
  3. Putting my new podcast feed management app on the Windows store.
  4. Making a website for the podcast app.
  5. Figuring out how to post to Blogger & Wordpress from C#.
    • Mostly just OAuth fun.
  6. Figuring out ufw and complete my Linux box install at Linode.
  7. Move over my company webpages from the current host I've used for a little too long (webhost4life).
  8. Applying for a few more contracts to fill back up the proverbial work pipeline.

That's all for now, I think. /sigh

Ever overcommitted? This time, I've got nobody to blame but myself. The problem, of course, is that I've got all of these well started, which means I probably could've finished the top two or three in the same amount of time as the nothing-finished state they're in now. And that's the real lesson: You have to finish what you start before starting something new if you want to get things done as efficiently as possible.

Why is finishing something now more efficient than working in parallel and finishing it all at the same future time Y? Well, take the CamStudio work: I wanted to finish the MarkUpDown video before I really started advertising. Let's face it -- a Window 10 app, even though it seems fairly cutting edge-ish now, has a limited shelf life. Assuming there's much money to make, I'm losing money by not advertising now. Sales today should compound sales tomorrow. I'm wasting my asset.

Finishing Task A at time X rather than end time Y means you get from X to Y as extra time to benefit from Task A's work. Clear?

So enough blogging. Back to the fire I go. ;^)

Labels: , ,