When I'm "really researching" I find I start using more than one browser. Firefox still crashes on me periodically and even Safari has its moments of colorful spinning wheels o' death. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you could run different instances of Firefox at once, and if so I'd like to know how. If not, hop on it, FF developers!

Interesting, this is one spot IE on Windows has done things right for a while now. Last I recall (not using Windows boxes daily any more, thank heavens, though I only used IE for microsoft.com and other sites that [at least partially] required it), bringing down one window of IE rarely affected the others.

In other news, if you're looking for a new laptop, the new iBook looks nice. Finally fast enough (I assume; haven't touched one yet) to run OS X acceptably, and a bit of a steal with 6 hours battery life and 802.11g included for a grand.