I think I've talked about this before, but I continue to be surprised by digital EULAs that don't check to ensure you've at least scrolled to the bottom before clicking "Accept." I can't imagine there's any way those should hold up in court. If you're not even doing the equivalent of ensuring there's your reader's initials are on each page, you're not doing your job.

And EULA-offering companies' audit of your reading shouldn't stop there. These are computer programs. They can judge how long you've spent reading each section and have some idea if you've scrolled to the bottom of ten pages of text in less than a second. They could even test you on the contents with randomly selected questions from a test bank and ensure that you've got a good handle on a EULA's content.

Is a post-EULA test over the top? Perhaps. If I'm worried about ensuring people have read my EULA, should I at least have textboxes for initials and a new screen for each page/screen of my license? You'd better believe it.

Courts, please, catch up. You don't even let someone sign a contract without some proof they've been offered the chance to read every page. Don't let software companies erase the page breaks and make you act the fool.