From our friends at Gmail:

Temporary Error (502)

Weโ€™re sorry, but your Gmail account is currently experiencing errors. You wonโ€™t be able to log in while these errors last, but donโ€™t worry, your account data and messages are safe. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue.

Please try logging in to your account again in a few minutes.


How many rules of good business communication does this error message break?

I'm also always im/de/pressed with how often companies with as much cash as, say, Google, can't manage to have redundant backups solid enough to provide a seamless experience for their users. I could understand, as an example, their sending me to a box that has my account's state as of 10 minutes ago that might not receive new mail but lets me access the old while they fix the issue as an acceptable alternative. That's not too much to ask from Google.

As awesome as Gmail's mail handler is, we're nowhere close to nine nines.