Big Mess oโ€™ Wires ๏ฟฝ About BMOW:

More recently, I learned of various projects to build simple computers similar to those 80โ€™s machines, constructed entirely of discrete logic chips like counters, adders, flip-flops, and NOR gates. No Pentiums or PowerPCs hereโ€“ these people built their own CPUs from the ground up, along with the memory subsystem, I/O, and everything else the computer required. I had stumbled onto the world of the homebrew CPU. To create such a computer required a detailed microarchitectural design, custom instruction set design, custom software tools like assemblers and compilers, and of course a custom circuit board or three populated with lots of fat DIP chips and a big mess oโ€™ wires. Projects like the Magic-1, D16/M, and Mark 1 FORTH Computer showed me the way.

I decided to build a homebrew CPU computer of my own. It was a big mess oโ€™ wires.