Can I save the window layout in Visual Studio 2010/2012? - Stack Overflow:

There's a nice Visual Studio plugin that lets you save and load custom window layouts: http://perspectives.codeplex.com (you can also find it in the VS gallery).

I use it because I often have to switch between a three screens layout(when my laptop is docket) and a single screen layout (laptop display only).

Wish I'd googled that a little earlier on.  I've driven myself crazy rearranging windows when I go from three screens docked in the office to one with the laptop on its own to two at home (where I don't have my usb video out...  at some point, I should consider getting another usb to video, but my personal Lenovo can output to two more displays and its built-in display doesn't stink like my work computer's does.  (Overshare alert.))

Labels: ,