Gee willickers, Wally! Spent I don't know how long today figuring out why I couldn't get something like this to work in Mozilla when pasted into a page like this. Turns out, at least without tinkering, it doesn't.

What's wrong? Well, after thinking about it for a while and playing with relative vs. absolute positioning for links, menus, etc, for about an afternoon, I finally went with the "Chunk out bits of the offending page until you get your answer."

The offending line was the very first thing in the whole page, the doctype:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">

I don't know why that'd freak out Mozilla, but it sure did. Blast out the tag and *poof*, everything's back. Makes me wonder what doctype the scripts I was using were implicitly following. Sheesh.

Anyhow, hopefully I'll soon have one of those groovy dhtml menus ready for anyone who wants it soon. Can you believe places are making you pay for code that does this now-a-days? Just because the people who license these things have freheekin big "API libs" sitting behind the menu, people apparently think they can't write something as useful from scratch. Course if I'm getting waylaid by a doctype...

Ultraedit's in the tray now. It was on the start button menu list before.