One more comment before getting back to work. OS X has really turned the corner. The iApps are super. Where else can you drop into a store and come home with a DVD editing studio, an online music store, video conferencing hardware and software that'll work, a digital photo album with a multiude of export options, a mature email client, and immunity to the vast majority of computer virii/viruses/whatever? More importantly, where can you find a computer like this where you don't need manual number one to get started using all this? Sit down, plug in, cut it on and anyone's rolling. And I haven't yet mentioned Sherlock's stock quotes, movies... (though Sherlock's eBay feature is currently crap) ... or the iPod... or...

And the hardware has finally caught up with the OS. OS X on my non-Quartz Extreme, half-GHz iBook is way slow, but still more usable on the strength of the iApps than Windows for day-to-day tasks.

The only downside is the price. But I'm of the opinion that the time you'll save and the things you'll make (want to share all those pictures you took of your kid last year in a slide-show format on DVD? Done!) will greatly off-set it. I'm doing things on my Mac, such as it is, -- more importantly my significant other is doing things on my Mac -- that I haven't heard of a single friend doing on their Windows PC.