Finally, a good, free (& Free), small, easy to install image editor for OS X:

Seashore is an open source image editor for Cocoa. It features gradients, textures and anti-aliasing for both text and brush strokes. It supports multiple layers and alpha channel editing. It is based around the GIMP's technology and uses the same native file format.

Still obviously in its early stages, but so far so very good. I've had some issues with Gimp for OS X -- locked up on me once and after trashing it & some pref files I'm still having trouble -- so finding this is a real life saver. That its OS X native and not dependent on X11 is another plus.

Anyhow, if there's one thing Windows has all over Macintosh, it's the Paint application. VERY simple program, but also incredibly useful. Sure, I've got The Gimp on my Windows box and it runs very well, but there are still times Paint is a much more efficient application, and much easier to learn to use as well.

I hope Apple sees Seashore and considers including it with the OS after a few updates. A very useful application.