I was disappointed to see what was the first outright ad I've seen hit the nearly sacred text of the Google front page. Sure, they've advertised their own stuff before, even the Google Mini if I remember correctly, but this is clearly someone else's baby on the Google front page, and I'm betting it was part of the deal to get Android on a T-Mobile phone.

I realize Google's trying to combine being mammoth like Microsoft when it comes to web-based OSes with a svelte, Apple-style image, but these are not the values that made us all trust Google. I've already said Google's evil too many times. It's too bad the evidence of a real paradigm shift in the company keeps, in my eyes, mounting.

(Just to be clear, the image below is part of what you get if you click on the link "Learn about the phone" from the image above.



----------------
Now playing: I:Scintilla - Machine Vision

Labels: ,