Recursive wildcard copying? - LinuxQuestions.org:

find /mp3 -type f -name '*.mp3' -exec cp {} /destination \;
...
find . -name '*.[Mm][Pp]3' -print -exec cp {} /destination \:


Some day I'll remember how to do this off of the top of my head.

I really would like an app that copies photos at a much lower resolution so that they could be easily backed up somewhere... Went to back my pictures up on Amazon S3 today and figured out I needed over ten times as much storage as I thought. Dumb. And wow. Found an Automator script for OS X that'll resize jpg's, but give it anything it doesn't like (like selecting a folder that contains mixed files including jpgs, or selecting everything in that folder, even, where everything is more than just jpgs) and it borks. Not Apple-like. So this resize and copy routine is going to have a few extra steps.

Labels: ,