iOS 6's 'Do Not Disturb' Not Shutting Off Automatically on New Year's Day - Mac Rumors:

It's this scheduling feature that appears to be misbehaving on New Year's Day. MacRumors reader Spacesamurai posted about his experience:

I am in Japan so it is 2013, and I am finding that my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) are showing "Do Not Disturb" even though it is outside of the time I set for them. Not sure if this is related to the new year. Reloading the devices does not help and the software is up-to-date.

Spacesamurai's experience has been echoed by others, but not everyone.

Apple has had other bugs in the past related to New Year's day. In years past, Apple has had issues with alarms not going off into the new year. Fortunately, the "Do Not Disturb" feature does not disable alarms set with Apple's built-in Clock app.

I thought I'd remembered at least one more New Year's Apple Fail.  Once is forgivable, but then you institute appropriate unit tests.  Apple simply isn't a great software company.  Neat feel, rough edges.  I don't think iOS' Maps surprised anyone who has been watching.

Labels: