An emotional Bill Gates pays homage to Steve Jobs while recounting final meeting:

As part of an interview with Charlie Rose that aired on CBS's "60 Minutes" on Sunday, a visibly shaken and humble Bill Gates detailed his final visit with Steve Jobs, in which the two discussed everything from family life to empowering the future of eduction [sic] through technology.

The video is from 60 Minutes.  I hate to say it, having used computers so much since the Apple IIe, TRS-80, Vic-20, and C=64 to the point that they're my profession now, but I can't help but agree.  We are doing different things in education now, but I can't say that we're better educated.  Do we really have better critical skills?  Do our students understand core concepts more thoroughly than the previous generation's students did?

Look, don't take my word for it.  Take Steve Jobs' (as quoted by Bill Gates), "We haven't really improved education with technology."  No, no we haven't.

Labels: , , ,