The NERD tree allows you to explore your filesystem and to open files and directories. It presents the filesystem to you in the form of a tree which you manipulate with the keyboard and/or mouse.


Even though I'm late to the party, this is kind of neat.  I'm to the point I can usually autocomplete paths after :e, but this is a pretty feature-rich alternative.

Even more useful for me was what I was searching before stumbling over this: how to move from a split to a vsplit.  Actually insanely easy: You move a window with the upper-case version of moving to a window.  So Ctrl-W, L move the current window over to the right.

VIm is endlessly impressive.  I see why you can really only be an emacs or a VIm guy.  You're never going to learn everything about either, so time spent in one means lessons never learned in the alternate.

In other news, 200 rep away from getting to make unreviewed edits in StackOverflow.  At some point, I should do more than just answer JSLint questions.

Labels: ,