Susan Prescott, Vice President of Product Marketing, who joined Apple in 2003, tells the audience about News.

Jennifer Bailey, a 10-year Apple veteran and Vice President of Internet Services, takes the stage to talk about Apple Pay.

  • Can't figure out why they're emphasizing tenure here. Can't help but kneejerk into thinking it's to help when Ives leaves. But perhaps there's another angle.

Split View automatically positions two apps side by side, using every pixel of your Mac display.

  • Why is Apple so dead-set on this fullscreen stuff? I wish they'd sell out completely and make something like Spectacle or -- same thing, different OS -- WinSplit Revolution.

  • Interesting that Apple is trying to Sherlock RSS, though I wouldn't mind using somebody less interested in what I read than Feedly.

  • Glad the phone is getting context-aware. It's about time. Wonder if it'll know what I want to listen to next in Overcast when I hit the car.

  • Metal is one of the coolest things I've heard of, but didn't we hear about it a year or more ago? (Admittedly, I've only just got my feet wet with SpriteKit last week, so I'm a ways away from Metal.)

  • Biggest new? OS 9 gives iPhone 6 another hour of battery life.

"There needs to be a place where music can be treated less like digital bits but more like the art it is, with a sense of respect and discovery."

- Trent Reznor

One last thing...

Only today (this morning) did I notice that NIN's The Slip had different cover art for each song. That's a really nice touch. Say what you will about Reznor, it seems he's in it for the art, not profit maximization.

The rest was crap. I think that feeling's universal.

Labels: ,