You've got a personal blog. You post written compositions there.

You have a podcast. Maybe a few podcasts. You contribute to them. You release new episodes.

Your podcast has its own RSS feed. If I like it, I'll subscribe. If I don't subscribe, I don't want to see your podcast releases in my RSS reader.

Your blog has its own RSS feed. If I like it, I'll subscribe. If I don't subscribe, I don't want to see your blog in my podcast backlog.

Can you imagine having every one of your blog posts in your podcast feed? No. No you can't. At least not in a usefully sane world. Get the podcasts out of your blog rss.

If you want to remind me every few months of the existence of your podcast, please do by writing a blog post that explores a related subject differently. If you're not willing to do the written work, find another place to pimp your cast.

Blog readers thank you.

Labels: , ,