I've been debugging a new MVC project in Chrome, and for some reason the Developer Tools keep closing without any sort of interaction from me.

I don't know that this is it, but one strange thing I noticed was a javascript file with this...

<script type="text/javascript" 
    src="http://localhost:49286/711d8a0271d342b784e495255cb5cba2/browserLink" 
    async="async"></script>

I haven't screwed around with the async flag before, so that looked minorly suspicious in the absence of anything obvious.

A little googling turned up this link on turning BrowserLink off:

In the most recent edition of Microsoftโ€™s epic saga, Things Which No One Asked For, weโ€™ve been given Browser Link. Without a doubt the most important thing you need to know about it is how to turn it off.

Well said. Follow the link to see it all, but basically there's a drop-down next to the little refresh looking circle beside the "play" button in Visual Studio's toolbar.

We'll see.

Labels: , ,