So this is impressively stand-up… I bought an SD copy of Killing Eve on the iTunes store for $2, just to see if I’d like it. It’s pretty good, and I might like to watch it all.

One of the reasons I like using iTunes for this sort of series checking is that I can pull a Complete My Season, putting the price of individual episodes towards buying a discounted whole season later, if I want. It encourages trying before you buy, which, ultimately, encourages buying.

But what if I want HD? Turns out Complete My Season has me covered. That $1.99 I spent on an SD episode unexpectedly can also be applied to an HD season purchase! The HD was originally $19.99, now $18 after a $1.99 purchase. SD was $13.99, now $12.

I mean, I guess that makes some sense. You can download the SD version when you buy the HD package, so the SD:HD::SD purchase::HD purchase syllogism works, but it’s still impressive to see.

Anyhow, kudos to Apple on that one.

Complete My Season prices after buying one SD episode

Labels: ,