There is no world where this is a good thing.

Before you ask, no, I have turned off autocorrect in the Keyboard preferences pane.

I hate this OS. QA is nonexistent. Maybe this isn't a native dialog and it'll end up being a Sublime Text bug, but the autocorrect is so over-pervasive and unwieldy for someone who wants to keep their hands on the keyboard with a minimum of presses -- no, you know, the real issue is that this is an iOS "feature" that's made its way, half-baked, to my desktop OS. Let. Me. Turn. It. Off. Freakin' @#$@^#$%@#$. I hate you, macOS.

ARGH. I hate this OS.


EDIT (20210610): Turns out there was an entry in the Shortcuts tab to autocorrect txt to text. I don't remember adding it, and there is at least one that Apple adds by default (omw == On my way!) but let's say I did, b/c I must have, right? 

Guess where I would've added that typing shortcut? On my iPhone; that's right.

Why would Apple think that I automatically wanted all my thumb-typing shortcuts copied over to my Mac that has a real, full-sized keyboard? 

 Insane. Though this time I should apologize to QA and go after product management instead. Wow.

Labels: ,