Lost my AirPods charging case. I have no idea how. Still have my AirPods, first edition. Gave myself a few weeks for the case to show up; no dice.
 
Ordered a new case with wireless charging, b/c why not? Kinda steep, but I couldn't justify going another $30 for version 2, especially since I'd used PodSwap on this pair not too horribly long ago. But I really did miss the AirPods, even though I had decent Bluetooth headphones and some lightning port EarPods.
 
Or should I have justified buying the version 2s after all?
 
 

When you're wearing your AirPods or compatible Beats headphones, Siri can announce incoming notifications from apps such as Messages and Reminders, and from supported third-party apps. Then you can reply instantly, hands-free.

What you need

You can have Siri announce your incoming notifications with these headphones:

  • AirPods Max
  • AirPods (2nd generation) or later
  • [more removed]
So my version 1 AirPods can't be a good watch replacement when it comes to notifications.
 
Live and learn, I guess. Makes some sense, as I think v2 is when "Hey, Siri" is first supported.
 
Dang it.

Labels: , ,