Does AirDrop seem to hang when you're sending photos from your iPhone to your Mac? Welp, add "Bringing Devices Together" (I think where you can AirDrop by proximity between two iPhones) to the Apple Fail archives.

After an Apple Support chat session, the agent mentioned something about "bringing the devices together" - I think they assumed the transfer was between 2 iOS devices.

iOS device > General > AirDrop > Bringing Devices Together

I believe it is on by default when upgrading to whichever iOS release contained NameDrop. I manually & specifically turned OFF the setting because of recent "security" articles about the new NameDrop capability

I had this setting turned ON, specifically because I did a contact transfer a week or 2 ago. And accidentally left it on.

Toggling it off, retrying the AirDrop, and it worked.

Seriously, who is in charge of QA/QC at Apple? How is sending photos from an iPhone to a Mac not on your integration test list?

Labels: , ,