Building on yesterday's post about Gmail fighting the desktop platform, as I watched the "Apple guided tour" to MobileMe, it hit me that MobileMe is the desktop's shot back. Actually, it's more that someone with stock in the desktop, here namely Apple, is doing the same thing as Google's apps, and hoping it plays into hardware sales.

Sure Google has the Google Mini (hrm. interesting name), but beyond catering to a very few companies decently serious about search, they aren't yet in the hardware game.

I hate to end all Rudy Mancke style (the most inane 45 seconds on radio), but I will. "Isn't it interesting how the side of the bread that's buttered for different companies influences the way they use the same technologies?"

I now feel compelled to pimp high end retreat homes oxymoronically placed in a preservation site.

Labels: , ,