Well, as cliche as it sounds, the dog ate my homework. Yes, that's right, I had a hard drive crash. What fun.

Most aggravating is finding all the "unofficial quick crap" I'd hacked that I hadn't bothered to back up since, "That'd be easy to figure out again." Well, as I jump back into VB.NET, we're no longer taking that tack. I'll be hacking this blog as I relearn a few things, like the VB.NET parallel for using import statements in Java.

Imports Oracle.DataAccess.Client

Public Class SmackDataSet
    Inherits DataSet

    Sub New(ByVal strSmack As String)
        MsgBox("smack")
    End Sub

    Public Sub attemptOracleCxn()
        Dim conStr As String = "User Id=id;Password=pwd;Data Source=server"

        'Create the OracleConnection
        Dim con As OracleConnection
        con = New OracleConnection
        con.Open()
    End Sub


Nice ms-help url showing old VB6 functions and their VB.NET equivalents.