Finally updated to Mojave on my MacBook Air (2017). It’s nice that the login screen no longer has fuzzy text. I’ll admit I never really understood why Apple let the first thing you saw on the box be as craptastic as that text was. I understand that Apple can do a great job polishing things, but I don’t know that I believe they always do.

Other than that, so far I haven’t seen much exciting from Mojave.

I will say I’m pretty happy having purchased this MacBook Air now. I was worried they’d upgrade the MacBook line immediately after I purchased – and they did – but they didn’t touch the consumer laptops, and won’t until next week. $750 for a decent MacBook in June (during a great sale at Best Buy) doesn’t look as bad as it did originally.

Another unexciting thing: I did preorder the XR. Idk, that’s extravagant, and I don’t understand all the reviews calling the XR “affordable”. It’s not. It’s an insanely indulgent item. Unlike my Nokia 6 that I’ve been using for the last two weeks (long story), the iPhone SE and 6S I used previously both remain nice, fast phones. I don’t need an XR. You can spend much less and still have a great smartphone experience.

But even though I filled out the official form that says “leave the phone here” with my number and order number on it, UPS decided they’d rather not be bothered with leaving my phone at my home. Thanks for nothing, UPS! I can pick it up at their office, saving them a trip, if I want… between 7 and 8pm tonight. That’s it. That’s the window.

So great thing I preordered that phone. /sigh If I’m lucky, I’ll play with it Monday, maybe Tuesday, night.

It will be interesting to see if I change my tune on if it’s worth purchasing later, once I’ve used it. Coming from a 6S, I imagine it’ll run rings around it and take much nicer pictures. But do I need something that expensive, even if I use it an hour or two a day? Um… goodness, no.

Labels: , , , ,