They're not for me. But that doesn't mean they're a mistake. Far from it.

Five hundred and forty-nine simoleons sounds like a lot, and it is. Doesn't matter. This is a playground for building the best headphones at scale.

And what Apple is really interested in doing is layering Apple-driven sound on top of your day to day experience. That's precisely what its engineers get to play with with the Max.

I bet it sounds great. I bet it's wonderful with whatever Apple TV isn't out yet. I bet, if you're in a tax bracket that's a bit above mine, it's a no-brainer. That's just enough of a market for Apple to float these sorts of top of the line earphones to ensure its Sonically Augmented Realty works well.

It also makes AirPods Pro look lots cheaper now, doesn't it? Marketing devils.

(I also like the use of Max instead of Pro to mean "bestest". Though I guess now Max means "bestest big" and Pro means "bestest but potentially still small". Idk. I give up on the naming making sense.)

Labels: , ,